pdf2cad converts drawings in Adobe PDF format to DXF files that you can open and edit in AutoCAD and other popular CAD programs. They can then be edited and saved in native CAD formats such as DWG for AutoCAD and DGN for Microstation.
- Saves PDF to DXF
- Supports AutoCAD & more
- Saves to HPGL
More and more firms are storing drawings using the PDF file format. pdf2cad provides a way to convert the document back into an editable DXF/ CAD file. Please note: original PDF needs to be in a Vectored format. Rastered images and scans cannot be processed wit this converter.
- Convert PDF files to CAD in DXF format as well as HPGL
- Convert one file or multiple files using the built in batch mode
- Convert all pages or specify a page rage
- Intelligent object recognition
- Concatenates characters to form editable words and lines of text
- Add white space to page
- Rotate output by any degree
- Option to ignore text, images or paths during conversion
- Map fonts for high fidelity file match
- Scale page to match original dimensions of file
- Specify minimum line width
- Separates layers in CAD drawing based on colors
- Dashed/dotted lines as segments
- Saves all images as referenced file in DXF format
- Command-line version and Windows DLL available for developers
- Expanded support for non-standard fonts
- Option to remove or outline hatches/fills
- Improved reporting on errors and warnings
- Streamlined interface for faster and easier conversion
See an Example
Below is an example of a CAD drawing received as a scalable, vector PDF file (left). The second example (right) is of the drawing once it was converted with pdf2cad and regenerated as a DXF file. This standard CAD interchange format can be opened in most engineering programs. Once opened in AutoCAD, it will be saved by the user as a native DWG file. Click on the images below to examine the conversion quality. All text and objects are scalable and editable.
Whats new in pdf2cad v8?
- Improved precision through more granular control of x,y values
- Extracting additional information available in the PDF file improves quality of conversion
- New mode to convert a multi-page PDF file to a single DXF file
- Advanced options have been added to the desktop version including precision controls
- Added the ability to specify Zero Line Width for each object
- Enhanced memory management improves performance in batch production environments
- Added support for layering based on line widths Option to separate layers based on definitions in original PDF file
- Enhancements and advancement of the PDF interpreter General performance and fidelity improvements
- Certified for Windows 7 and Windows 2008 Server (32-bit native, 64-bit non-native)
- Evaluation version can be used by any user on a system
Need help or have a question? Call us at 877-933-3929 M-F, 8-5 Pac Time
You can also use our contact form and we'll get back with you.