pdf2cad converts drawings in Adobe PDF format to DWG and DXF files so you can open and edit in AutoCAD and other popular CAD programs. They can then be edited and saved in native CAD formats such as DWG for AutoCAD, TurboCAD and MicroStation and DGN for Microstation.
- Saves PDF to DWG and DXF
- Supports AutoCAD & more
- Also saves to HPGL
- Now supports Windows 10 and Mac OSX
More and more firms are storing drawings using the PDF file format. pdf2cad provides a way to convert the document back into an editable DWG/ DXF/ CAD file. Please note: original PDF needs to be in a Vectored format. Raster images or scans cannot be processed with this converter and are treated as images.
- Convert PDF files to DWG and in DXF format as well as HPGL
- Convert one file or multiple files using the built in batch mode
- Convert all pages or specify a page rage
- Intelligent object recognition
- Concatenates characters to form editable words and lines of text
- Add white space to page
- Rotate output by any degree
- Option to ignore text, images or paths during conversion
- Map fonts for high fidelity file match
- Scale page to match original dimensions of file
- Specify minimum line width
- Separates layers in CAD drawing based on colors
- Dashed/dotted lines as segments
- Saves all images as referenced file in DXF format
- Command-line version and Windows DLL available for developers
- Expanded support for non-standard fonts
- Option to remove or outline hatches/fills
- Improved reporting on errors and warnings
- Streamlined interface for faster and easier conversion
See an Example
Below is an example of a CAD drawing received as a scalable, vector PDF file. The lower example is of the drawing once it was converted with pdf2cad and regenerated as a DXF file. This standard CAD interchange format can be opened in most engineering programs. Once opened in AutoCAD, it will be saved by the user as a native DWG file. Click on the images below to examine the conversion quality. All text and objects are scalable and editable.
Whats new in pdf2cad v11?
- Password protected PDF-files
- Now Mac and PC compatible!
- Supports Unicode filenames
- Convert each layer to a separate file (DXF only)
- Scaling / ratio options using mm, inches, feet and meters
- define the page number in the output filename
- option to ignore small images or move them to the background
- Many other enhancements and improvements
- 32-bit / 64-bit compatible
- Evaluation version can be used by any user on a system