Bricscad for AutoCAD Users – the transitional e-book
What’s New in This Edition?
An entirely new chapter on working in a dual-CAD office – plus information specific to the Linux version of Bricscad. Bricscad for AutoCAD Users also contains added information and easy navigation. Now 192 pages
Understanding the differences and similarities
Bricscad for AutoCAD Users is for AutoCAD users wishing to understand the differences and similarities with Bricscad. Available in Adobe Acrobat (PDF) format, and covers these topics in an even-handed manner:
- Advantages to Bricscad
- What’s missing from Bricscad
- Comparison of user interfaces
- Detailed comparison of drawing file compatbility
- Customizing and programming Bricscad
- AutoCAD-Bricscad dictionary
- Four appendices of reference material:
- AutoCAD-Bricscad command cross reference
- System variable cross reference
- Command alias cross reference
- Keystroke and button cross reference
The book features:
- Dozens of tips.
- Illustrations in full color.
- Formatted for printing on standard 8.5×11 paper.
- Margins designed forthree-hole punching.
- Includes complimentary subscription to upFront.eZine newsletter.
Table of contents
1 Bricscad for AutoCAD Users
The Entire Bricscad Product Line, Risky Business, Bricsys Business, Vondle Project Management, The Advantages of Bricscad , Near-identical User Interface, Added Commands and System Variables, Multiple Operation System Support, No-charge Developer Network, APIs, Examples of Add-ons, Lower Purchase and Maintenance Pricing, It Makes More than Cents, Bricscad is Not IntelliCAD, What’s Missing from Bricscad, System Requirements, Operating Systems, Linux and Mac OS X Support, Recommended Hardware, Netbook Support, AutoCAD-Bricscad Dictionary
2 Comparing User Interfaces
Bricscad V12 User Interface, User Interface Elements, DesignCenter vs Drawing Explorer, Options vs Settings, Settings Toolbar, Changing Settings, Accessing and Changing Values, Real Time Search, User Interface Variations, Prompt Menu vs Dynamic Input, Controlling the Prompt Menu, : vs Command:, More Command Options, Properties Palette vs Properties Bar, Properties Bar, Status Bar, Mouse Buttons, Selection Sets
3 Drawing File Compatibility
DWG Compatibility, How Entities Are Tested, Problem Entities, DWG Object Support, 2D Entities Supported, Basic Properties for Entities, Text Entities Supported, Text Styles, MText Styles, Table Styles, Tolerance Editing, Dimension Entities Supported, Dimension Styles, Leader Styles, Complex 2D Entities Supported, Multiline Styles, 3D Entities Supported
4 Customizing and Programming Bricscad
Cui vs Customize, Importing AutoCAD Menus, Menus , About Copying Files , Creating New Menu Items, Macro Metacharacters, Menu Design Conventions, Diesel, Context Menus, Toolbars , Keyboard Shortcuts , Tablet Buttons and Menus, Aliases and Shell Commands, Shell Commands, Other Customizations, Fonts , Font Mapping, Linetypes and Hatch Patterns, Plot Styles, Plotter Manager, Options vs Settings, File Paths, User Profiles, Roaming Profiles, Accessing Hidden Folders, Supported Files, Programming Considerations, Porting AutoLISP to LISP, Porting DCL to Bricscad, Porting Diesel to Bricscad, Porting VBA to Bricscad, Porting ADS to SDS, Porting ARX to BRX, Porting ARX to DRX, Porting COM to Bricscad, Units, Loading Applications into Bricscad, Third-party Developer Support, Bricscad Object Model
- AutoCAD-Bricscad Command Cross-reference
- AutoCAD-Bricscad System Variable Cross-reference
- AutoCAD-Bricscad Alias Cross-reference
- AutoCAD-Bricscad Keystroke and Button Cross-reference