We thought this looked pretty darn interesting. ProgeCAD an IntelliCAD based company is now offering AutoCAD compatible CAD software for MAC OS/X – The CAD software is called iCADMac and costs a fraction of AutoCAD (less than $1000) , yet offers similar functions and reliable AutoCAD compatibility for complex 2D plan view detailing and basic 3D CAD design. iCADMac uses DWG and DXF native formats plus these highlights:
- Autodesk DWG file compatibility from version 2.5 to 2010/2012 versions
- AutoCAD-like standard user interface with visual property bar
- Custom menu support with Lisp and C++
Advanced CAD for OSX
iCADMac runs on all Intel-based Macintosh computers and is capable of pushing out drawings compatible with AutoCAD WS for use on an Apple iPad. iCADMac is an ACIS based application with full support of ACIS Solid Modeling libraries.
This newly released CAD Program for Mac Offers:
- User friendly: Customizable interface that is familiar to CAD users
- Economic and complete: iCADMac costs just a fraction of its counterparts.
- Native DWG format: Fully compatible with AutoCAD files, no conversion required.
For more info Google “icadmac”