3D Framer is a roof framing generator for AutoCAD. It can create a 3D model of your roof framing layout by defining a few settings and then selecting a few points
Click to open
Build You Roof In 3D Before Construction
This roof framing software provides a easy to learn solution for architects, builders and carpenters, who need create a 3D framing plan showing roof framing members before constructing it in the field. You just need a 3D roof model to get started.
By selecting points you first define the gable and roof opening boundaries with a polyline. Then just specify nominal lumber size in inches and define rafter spacing.
Upon selection of boundaries you get the framing drawn.
3D Framer Features
- AutoCAD 2000 thru 2012 and ADT compatible
- Automatic 1/2″ off for actual dressed lumber size
- Allows for the selection of a framing starting point
- Ridges, fascias, hip rafters, end rafters and dormers can also be drawn
- All elements are 3D polylines with their own height and width suitable for Hide or Render
- Each element has its unique layer
- Tutorial model file is included. Use this file as a template for your own model
Roof framing software commands
GABLE – Aligns UCS and defines Gable and Roof openings geometry.
FRAMER – Constructs Gable Framing. (You must run GABLE first).
HIP – Constructs Hip and Valley rafters.
ND – Constructs End rafters.
HORI – Constructs Horizontal Lumber such as ridges, fascias, purlins and plates.
How to install the AutoCAD Add-On
1- Copy the 3D-FRAMER.fas to your AutoCAD directory.
2- Then go into AutoCAD and load the roof framing software (3D-FRAMER.fas) with “Load Application”.